DIY Orienteering using MapRunF
You can try out orienteering using the MapRunF app. It’s very easy to use. Check out this pictorial guide, courtesy of Scottish Orienteering and then also follow these simple instructions.
- Make sure you download MapRunF and not the older MapRun app.
- Select which course you would like to try from the county list below and print off a map. (Some of the courses are using OpenOrienteering Map, so you might like to print the clue sheet to guide you to the exact control location.)
- Then on your phone open MapRunF, use the “Select Event” option and look in the UK>Northern Ireland folder. Alternatively you can wait until you are at the general location and search for “Events Near Me“. You should be able to see and select your course.
- Choose a good time, bearing in mind that most areas are urban. For safety, wear hi-viz and try to avoid busy times when there is more road and pedestrian traffic. Watch out for traffic and respect other pedestrians keeping a social distance. If there are mandatory crossing points marked, use these. Under 16s who wish to use urban courses should be accompanied by an adult.
- After you have finished you should be able to see the results and tracks of others too!
Download and print your map from the selection below
- DIY courses in Belfast
- DIY courses in Co. Antrim
- DIY courses in Co. Armagh
- DIY courses in Co. Down
- DIY courses in Co. Fermanagh
- DIY courses in Co. L’Derry
- DIY courses in Co. Tyrone (not available yet)