Published on July 5th, 2017 | by nioa-publicity0
Senior Home International 2017 Selection
The selection policy for the team to represent Ireland in the 2017Â Senior Home International racesÂ to be held in FermanaghÂ on Â 9/10 September has been published (IRELAND SHI 2017 Selection Policy) and is reproduced below. Queries to Susan via susan.lambe4’at’gmail.com
SHI 2017 Selection Policy
The Senior Home International is taking place on the 9th / 10th September in Fermanagh & Monaghan, organised by FermO, in conjunction with the NI Championships. It will consist of an Individual race on the Saturday (Florence Court / Gortalughany) and a Relay (Castle Saunderson).
Team will consist of: 6 x M21, 6 x W21, 3 x M20, 3 x W20
The purpose of this policy:
- To enable the selectors to select the best possible team
- To provide eligible athletes an opportunity to claim a place in the team
- Selectors are Susan Lambe, Philip Baxter and Mike Long.
- The team will be announced on 22nd July 2017.
- Athletes must declare themselves available for selection by Sunday 16th July 2017
- W/M18s can declare themselves available for selection.
- If W/M20s want to be considered for 21s they should declare for both 20s and 21s.
- Due to the late selection process this year, we will be asking athletes to submit specific race results for consideration for selection. It is strongly recommended that you submit results where you performed in the age class you wish to be selected for, or where relevant where you ran the same course (eg if 18s ran the same course as 20s).
- As the Relay is on the second day of competition, the teams will be selected based on Day 1 individual results.
- A senior member of the selected team will be asked to act as Team Manager over the weekend.
- In the case of withdrawals it will be up to the selectors to select a suitable replacement using all known form
- We will select the team with the aim of achieving the strongest set of results. Athletes may be selected to gain experience, and we would encourage all older juniors to consider putting themselves forward for selection
- It is each athleteâ€™s responsibility to ensure they are eligible to compete for Ireland on the date of the competition â€“ see rules on the British Orienteering website HERE
Races to be considered for selection:
- JK Middle, Long & Relay 2017
- Leinster Champs 2017
- IOC Middle, Long & Relay 2017
- Any WRE (Long/ Middle) in 2017
- Any junior international representation race in 2017 (JWOC, EYOC)
- Any other results you feel are relevant